How do you raise kids who have self motivation? It’s a question all parents face at some point, and there’s no one right answer. But here is how we approach it in our house. We believe that raising kids with self motivation starts with setting an example ourselves. If we can try to be positive and proactive in our own lives, then we can show our kids that we value independence and taking initiative. We also give them plenty of opportunities to try new things and figure things out for themselves. And finally, we always praise their efforts, even if they don’t succeed perfectly every time. By cultivating these values, we’re helping our kids develop the skills they need to be successful in life – on their own terms.
When my son enrolled in martial arts, I was not sure if he was going to embark on a four-year journey to earn a black belt. We started out by setting small goals of achieving one martial arts colored belt after another. He was so focused on reaching his goal that he never gave up. Finally, after years of hard work and dedication, he earned his black belts. It was an incredible accomplishment and something he is very proud of.
What is Self-Motivation?
Self motivation is when you motivate yourself to do something. You set goals and then you take action to achieve those goals. It’s about having the internal drive and determination to succeed. This involves being self-disciplined and sticking to a plan, regardless of the difficulties. Your ability to motivate yourself can make all the difference to your success or failure in life. That’s what makes successful people stand out from the rest.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SELF MOTIVATE
There is no single best way to self motivate; rather, the key to self motivation is finding the strategies that work best for you. Some people may find that setting specific goals or breaking larger goals down into smaller, more manageable steps can help to keep them focused and motivated over the long term. Others may benefit from having an encouraging coach or mentor, who can offer guidance and support when challenges arise. Still others may draw energy and inspiration from surrounding themselves with like-minded individuals or by creating their own positive affirmations and mantras.
Ultimately, what works for one person might not necessarily work for someone else, so it is important to find out what self motivation techniques work best for you and personalize your approach accordingly. With some dedication and perseverance, you can learn how to self motivate your kids effectively and help them achieve all of their dreams!
Although it’s not always easy to self motivate a kid, persistence, a few tips and plenty of practice can make it easier. Here are some of my tips for raising self-motivated kids!
RELATED POST : BASIC GOOD MANNERS FOR KIDS
10 TIPS FOR RAISING KIDS WITH SELF MOTIVATION
- Encourage them to set their own goals using a planner for goal setting.
- When kids have a say in what they’re working towards, they’re more likely to be engaged and motivated. Help them to identify what they want to accomplish, and then motivate them to come up with a plan of action. It will help them to learn how to take initiative and get started on tasks without needing prompting from others.
- Teach them to break down big goals into smaller, achievable steps so that they can see their progress along the way.
- Help them to understand the importance of hard work. Kids often think that success comes easy, but it’s important for them to understand that hard work is essential for achieving anything worthwhile.
- Teach them how to persevere through challenges. It’s important for kids to understand that obstacles are a normal part of life and that they can overcome them if they don’t give up.
- Lead by example. Set goals for yourself and work hard to achieve them to show your child how you self-motivate. Show them how rewarding it is to never give up and succeed at something you’ve worked hard for.
- Educate them about the power of positive thinking. Teach your kids how to talk kindly to themselves when they make a mistake or face a challenge. Help them to understand that everyone makes mistakes and that these are opportunities for learning and growth. Whether we believe it or not, our thoughts have a huge impact on our attitude toward achieving a goal.
- Encourage independence by letting them do things themselves, such as picking their own clothes or packing their own lunch. The more sense of independence they have, the more self-motivated they will be.
- Help cultivate your child’s natural curiosity and desire for discovery by providing lots of opportunities for hands-on exploration, play, and experimentation. Talk with them about their experiences, ask questions about what they are learning, and cultivate an open attitude towards new ideas and perspectives. With time and effort, you can cultivate a lifelong love of learning in your child that will serve them well throughout their life.
- Praise their efforts and accomplishments, rather than their intelligence or talents.
RELATED POST : ACTS OF KINDNESS FOR STUDENTS
Raising self motivated kids can be hard, but the effort is worthwhile in the long run. Hopefully, these ten tips would help you get started on the right track. What have been your biggest challenges and successes when it comes to raising self motivated kids? Let us know in the comments!
Pin it for later