Happy Earth Day! In honor of this special day, we’ve created a quiz to test your knowledge of all things environmental. This quiz will cover everything from the history of Earth Day to the different ways we can help protect our planet. So put on your thinking cap and get ready to learn some fun facts about Earth Day!
WHY EARTH DAY IS CELEBRATED
Earth Day serves as a reminder to protect the natural environment, rebuild damaged ecosystems, combat climate change and live a more sustainable lifestyle. It’s a day to appreciate and celebrate our planet! There are so many things to love about Earth, from the beautiful landscapes to the amazing animals that live here. We should all come together and work to protect our planet for future generations.
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW OUR EARTH
Question 1 : When was the first Earth Day celebrated ?
Answer 1 : April 22, 1970
Question 2 : What percent of earth is covered with water ?
Answer 2 : 71 percent
Question 3 : How old is the earth ?
Answer 3 : 4.543 billion years
Question 4 : Who is recognized as the founder of Earth Day?
Answer 4 : Senator, Gaylord Nelson
Question 5 : What is the theme of Earth Day 2022 ?
Answer 5 : Invest in Our Planet
Question 6 : What are the three “R’s” of pollution control?
Answer 6 : Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Question 7 : Greta Thunberg, a Swedish environmental activist, launched Fridays for Future in 2018, which grew into a global movement. How old was she when the protests started?
Answer 7 : 15 years old
Question 8 : What book was instrumental in launching the modern environmental movement and resulting in the widespread ban of DDT?
Answer 8 : Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Question 9 : A badly polluted river in the United States caught fire in 1969, prompting a focus on environmental cleanup. What is the river’s name?
Answer 9 : Cuyahoga River
Question 10 : What does the 350 magic number of climate change mean?
Answer 10 : 350 is the number of parts per million of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that humanity must return to as soon as possible in order to ensure a safe and sustainable climate future.
RELATED POST : HOW TO MAKE AN EARTH DAY AGAMOGRAPH ART
How do you teach kids ABOUT Earth Day
Some people might say that the best way to teach kids about Earth Day is by having them help clean up their neighborhood or do some other service project. While those are great things to do, there are other ways to educate your children about taking care of the planet, too. Here are a few ideas:
- Have a conversation with them about what Earth Day is and why it’s important.
- Show them how they can reduce their environmental impact with small changes in their everyday lives.
- Help them learn about the different types of pollution and how they can help prevent it.
- Teach them about recycling and composting, and how they can make these habits part of their lifestyle.
WHAT ARE SOME GOOD EARTH DAY QUESTIONS TO ASK ?
Apart from reflecting on our planet and all that we love about it, we should also teach our children the importance of being eco-friendly and caring for the environment. Here are some questions to get the conversation started
- What are some of the things we can do to help protect our planet ?
- How can each of us make a difference when it comes to taking care of our environment ?
- Are there any easy ways to reduce our carbon footprint ?
- What else can we do to show our love for Mother Earth ?
- What changes do you think we need to make as a society in order to protect our planet ?
- How can I convince my friends and family to be more environmentally conscious ?
- Are there any eco-friendly products that I should be using ?
- How can you help protect the planet’s natural resources ?
- What would you do if you saw somebody littering?
- List some of your favorite things about nature?
RELATED POST : EARTH DAY COLORING PAGE
( Disclosure : Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase)
However, I hope today you will take some time to reflect on the state of our planet and how each of us can make a difference. Take some time to learn about climate change and what you can do to help stop it. And be sure to check out some of the amazing science experiments we have on our blog. From making a plastic bottle toy car to making a paper circuit greeting card, there’s something for everyone. And don’t forget to recycle and reuse whenever possible.
Do let us know in the comments, how you have celebrated our amazing earth on April 22nd in the past! What will you do this year?
Pin it for later
I found in the article very interesting facts and ideas about how to teach and explain the importance of Earth day to my kids. I will definitely use your suggestions. Thank you 🙂
My World Their Way says
I am glad you liked the article and fun facts about earth day