I used to play the multiplication Buzz game with my kids quite often while they were practicing their multiplication facts. The best part of this game is that it requires no supplies, and it can be played even while you’re busy doing a job. It’s a fun take on how to get your kids to revise their Times Table using a game. The game seems simple but it certainly takes focus and children will love to play it over and over again with you.
How to play Multiplication Buzz
- This game can be played between 2 players or more.
- First, determine which number’s times table you need to revise ( choose a number from 3 – 9 ).
- The first player says number 1, to start the game. The next player says the following number ie 2 and son on. Players take turns counting the next number and so on.
- When a multiple of the chosen number comes up, the player doesn’t say the number but instead says “BUZZ”.
- The next player says the following number and the play goes on until one of the player makes a mistake.
- For instance, if 6 is the chosen number, it would sound like this to count around the players – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, BUZZ , 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, BUZZ, 13, 14, 15 and so on.
- The game ends when one of the players counts till the 12th multiple of the chosen number.
- Note : If only two players are playing and the number chosen is an even number, then only one player will always get the multiples of that number and will have to say the word BUZZ. Therefore, when only two players are playing, it makes sense to use an odd number as the chosen number.
More Math Games
Here are few more math games that require minimal supplies and are so enjoyable to play and bond with your children as they practice their math skills in a fun way.
- Target Number – A Math Card Game to practice Order of Operation.
- Fence me in – A Strategy Game to practice the concepts of Area and Perimeter.
- Flip Ten – A math card game to practice addition facts
- Tens Go Fish – A math card game to practice addition facts
I hope you and your kids have fun playing the Multiplication Buzz game. Let’s stay connected. Here is my blog facebook page My World Their Way
Disclosure : Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase