Flip Ten is a simple math card game for practicing addition facts in a more engaging and fun way. The game is a variation of the traditional memory match to practice addition facts of combination of tens. I enjoy playing math games with my kids since these games give them the opportunity to practice all sorts of different mathematical skills, from addition, to problem solving, to reasoning. All you need to play these games is a deck of cards.
What you WILL need
- A deck of cards ( remove 10, Jack, Queen and King ). Ace represent 1 .
- 2 players
How to PLAY FLIP TEN MATH CARD GAME
- Place the cards face down in a 4 x 5 array.
- Each player takes turn to flip two cards.
- If the two cards add up to 10, then the player removes the two cards from the array and keeps them. The removed cards are replaced by two new cards from the draw pile.
- If the two cards don’t add up to 10, then they are flipped back face down.
- The game ends when no further combinations of 10 can be made or if there is no more cards left on the game board to be flipped or in the draw pile.
- The winner is the player with the most combinations of 10.
- As an extra practice, you can have your kids write an equation for each combination of 10 they make.
- How many pairs of 10s can we make in total. (18 pairs of 10’s combination cards can be made in total).
- If a player wins 8 pairs of 10s, how many cards does the other player have?
While you are here, check out some of my latest posts
- Math Card Games FOR KIDS
- BEST NATURE SCAVENGER HUNT IDEAS FOR KIDS
- How to make a Scavenger Hunt for kids
- STEM SCAVENGER HUNT
- FALL COLORING PAGES
Happy learning while playing !