Beets and sweet go hand in hand. The natural sweetness of this winter vegetable is enhanced when cooked or roasted. This recipe is easy to cook and has very few ingredients. So, how about satisfying your sweet tooth using a healthy and delicious beetroot, this winter.
Ingredients Serves : 2
- beetroot – 4 nos
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cashews to garnish
- Wash the beetroot. Peel the skin and grate them. A food processor eases the job of grating.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pot on a medium flame. Fry the cashews until they turn golden in color. Set them aside.
- To the same pan, roast the beetroot for 2-3 minutes until it turns aromatic.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let the beetroot cook slowly on low flame for 10-15 minutes till they soften. Keep stirring in between.
- Add the sugar. Stir again. Sugar would melt and moisture would be released, adding a glaze to the beetroot halwa.
- Let it cook for another 5-10 minutes till all the moisture has evaporated.
- Transfer the beetroot halwa to a serving bowl and garnish with cashews. Serve warm.